Skincare for busy executives
Travelling, however exciting, can take a toll on our skin. This is especially true for executives who have a busy work schedule and travel frequently by air or road. Taking care of the skin while traveling is paramount as dull skin will make you appear tired and worn out for important business meetings.
Here are some tips to help you take care of your skin with minimal effort :
- Travel with light or no makeup – It is important for traveling executives to forgo the foundation base of your makeup during travel. Your foundation can make the skin dry and patchy. Skip the foundation, instead use a tinted moisturizer. We would suggest MED-LINE™ Cell CC cream that provides SPF protection along with a natural, bright skin tone
- Keep yourself hydrated while traveling: Hydration is essential for supple skin. Air travel can make our skin parched. Drink a glass of water every hour while traveling. This will quickly replenish the moisture loss and keep your skin looking healthy. You can also apply hydration mist directly onto your face. MED-LINE™’s Pure Soothing Mist supplies moisture to the skin and works towards regulating the skin’s pH balance. This is one of the keys to Skincare for busy executives.
- Research the climate before traveling: Another important aspect of taking good care of the skin while traveling is to be prepared for dramatic climate changes that can affect our skin. Research the weather conditions before you leave. Prepare your skin accordingly by exfoliating in case of hot and humid weather or applying a hydrating face mask for travel to dry and arid conditions. Exfoliating will open up the pore and prevent breakouts. Applying a facemask will provide a boost of moisture to the skin. We recommend trying MED-LINE™’s Yacon-Hyaluronic Mask that is effective for skin calming and hydration
- Keep your T-zones oil free: Our T-zones tend to accumulate oil very quickly and this is especially true while traveling. To maintain oil-free T-zone, carry blotting paper to soak up excess oil every time you feel a build up. Avoid washing your face very often to prevent dry skin. This is one of the keys to Skincare for busy executives.
- Avoid products that are loaded with chemicals – During travel and in general, chemicals in our skin care products only aggravate skin sensitivity making it dull and lifeless. It is best to avoid products that have harsh chemicals like parabens, ethanol, artificial colours, mineral oils, Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT), Synthetic Fragrances and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). Instead opt for products with natural ingredients that are suitable for sensitive skin. MED-LINE™ products are free from the 7 harmful toxins, are not tested on animals, are not genetically modified and animal by-product free. These products are suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive or inflamed skin.
- Don’t forget Sun protection – Exposure to UV rays can damage your skin making it patchy and burnt. Sun protection is essential during travel especially if you are traveling by airplane. The UV rays are harsher at a higher altitude since the airplane is closer to the Sun and the windows do not have a UV blocking screen. Even while traveling by road, we are constantly exposed to the harmful UV rays. Choose a Sunscreen that is light and does not make your skin feel sticky. Reapply the sunscreen every few hours to stay protected. MED-LINE™’s UV Defenser contains natural essential oils and is easily washable. It can be used in any weather and will keep the skin well moisturized.
Skincare for busy executives who traveled frequently- Contributed by Eunice Tan, Founder of M & O SkinCo, Image Flair Academy of Modern Etiquette and Etiquette Plus Academy